Traffic Court


Office located on the 2nd Floor, Room 200
District Criminal / Traffic Division
Telephone: 256-532-3373


Alabama Traffic Service Center
To pay your traffic tickets and/or criminal fines ONLINE with a credit card, click here.

A convenience fee of 4% will charged. If you choose to pay online you are 'pleading guilty' therefore driving school will not be an option. DO NOT pay online if you would like to attend driving school.

You may also use your credit card by calling 1-877-252-7294



Instructions for Paying Traffic Citations

Your ticket will have the date in which you will need to appear in court. ALL traffic tickets are scheduled for court on Tuesdays at 9:00 a.m.
(See Judge assignment below)

You MUST either come to court on the date shown on your ticket or pay the ticket BEFORE your court date. (Before the scheduled docket time)

If you fail to appear in court on the date shown on your traffic ticket or to pay the ticket BEFORE your court date, the following things will happen

*** 1) A warrant will be issued for your arrest.

*** 2) Your driver's license will be suspended and it cannot be reinstated until the ticket is cleared and a reinstatement fee is paid.

*** 3) A new charge of failure to appear may be made against you.

*** 4) The fine is subject to being increased.

*** 5) Any bond you have posted will be forfeited.

If you have been charged with one of the listed offenses below and would like to pay the fine without having to appear in court you can mail the full amount indicated to the address below. NO PERSONAL CHECKS WILL BE ACCEPTED. Mail a MONEY ORDER or CASHIER'S CHECK payable to Debra Kizer, Circuit Clerk to the address below:

Debra Kizer, Circuit Clerk
Traffic Court Division
100 Northside Square
Huntsville, Alabama 35801

Citations that can be paid without coming to court:

  • Speeding(less that 25 mph over posted speed limit) $191.00
  • Improper or no rearview mirror $191.00
  • Speeding (25 mph or more over posted speed limit) $211.00
  • Improper tag $196.00
  • Allowing minor to operate vehicle $221.00
  • Improper tire/turn $191.00
  • Blocking highway $201.00
  • Improper window tinting $191.00
  • Driving on wrong side of road $201.00
  • Littering highway $271.00
  • Operating a motor vehicle without a drivers license $246.00
  • No helmet (motorcycle rider) $181.00
  • Failure to dim headlights $181.00
  • No annual inspection $181.00
  • Failure to stop at RR crossing $181.00
  • No commercial driver's license $271.00
  • Failure to use child restraints $196.00
  • No current license stamp $196.00
  • Failure to wear safety belt $46.00
  • No fire extinguisher $221.00
  • No log book $221.00
  • Failure to yield right-of-way $191.00
  • No red flag $191.00
  • Following too closely $191.00      
  • Oversized Vehicle $271.00
  • Improper backing/brakes/lights $191.00
  • Overweight Vehicle $271.00
  • Improper log book $191.00
  • Improper medical card $191.00
  • Running stop sign $191.00
  • Improper muffler $181.00
  • Running red light $191.00
  • Improper parking on highway $201.00
  • Shifting load $196.00
  • Improper passing $181.00
  • Stopping/parking on highway $201.00
  • Improper signal $181.00
  • Switched tag $271.00
  • Violating driver's license restriction
  • Windshield obstruction $191.00
    or endorsement $231.00
  • No/Invalid proof of insurance $221.00

Court Appearances

If you have been charged with any offense OTHER than those listed, you MUST appear at the Madison County Courthouse on the date shown on your citation before the Judge indicated below. If your last name begins with the letter:

A through D:     Judge Langham, 6th floor,        Room 604 -  Held at 9:00 a.m.

E through K:      Judge Demos, 5th floor,      Room 529-   Held at 9:00 a.m.

L through Ri:     Judge Coats, 3rd floor,        Room 306-   Held at 9:00 a.m.

Ro through Z:    Judge Rizzardi, 8th floor,    Room 800-   Held at 9:00 a.m.

If you have any further questions, you may call our office at : 256-532-3373. Our office is located on the 2nd floor, room 200 of the Madison County Courthouse.